Foreigners, who wish to work in Canada must have a valid work permit. All temporary workers must also meet the requirements and standards before coming to Canada.
Foreigner who wants to work in Canada must have job offer letter from a Canadian employer to get a work permit. Some people apply as open work permit. Open work permit also related to spouse. Highly skilled foreign worker’s spouse can get open work permit. Open work permit time period differs from six months to 12 months.
Work Visa Eligibility
- Valid passport
- You must assure visa office that you will leave Canada before the expiration of work visa
- Select platform in which you are qualified such as open work permit, federal work permit etc.
- Be ready with documents. Submit all documents all asked by visa officer
These steps must be performed before you apply for a work permit:
- Foreigner who wants to apply for work permit must have job offer from Canadian employer.
- A confirmation or opinion must be provided by HRDC. After getting confirmation foreign nations can fill the job.